Cinema Art Theater
- Cinema Art Theater (CAT) is located at 17701 Dartmouth Drive, Lewes, (in the Dartmouth Plaza off Route 1 behind the Lewes Wawa) (map). The phone number is 302-313-4032.
VENUE (Opened March 17, 2016)
- Open year-round
- Plenty of free parking
- Quality film and event presentation
- Comfortable staggered and/or tiered seating
- Main theater (104 seats plus space for 4 wheelchairs), JEMS theater (36 seats)
- Accessible entry, concession area, and restrooms.
- Multiple screenings of first run independent films
- Metropolitan Opera Live in HD (10 performance series)
- National Theatre Live (filmed performances)
- Rehoboth Beach Independent Film Festival
- Mini-film festivals and theme-oriented film series
- Tickets can be purchased online in advance up to 1 hour before screening time, OR
- Tickets can be purchased at the door 30 minutes prior to screening.
- Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover or cash payments accepted ($100 bills are not accepted).
- Check individual screenings for member and general admission prices.
- Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable (unless the screening is cancelled by the Rehoboth Beach Film Society).
- Late Arrivals – For safety reasons and to prevent disturbing viewers, entry to theaters is not permitted after the screening’s scheduled start time. Doors open 30 minutes prior to each screening so please arrive early. Late arrivals will not receive a refund or exchange of their ticket purchase.
- Inexpensive snacks and beverages are available for purchase with cash only.
- Food and beverages (including water) purchased outside of the Cinema Art Theater are not permitted.
ASSISTIVE HEARING DEVICES
- Please inquire for available devices at the ticket sales desk.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere on the premises, including the theaters, restrooms, and lobby area.
- No cameras or other recording devices may be used during film screenings.
- To prevent disturbing other viewers, please turn off all electronic devices (cell phone, tablet, beeper, etc.).
- Please remove and deposit all trash in the waste or recycling receptacles as you exit the theater.
RENT THE CAT TO HOST YOUR NEXT EVENT
- Close to our beautiful resort communities with a convenient, central location
- Ideal for private movie screenings, business meetings, seminars, sales or training presentations, parties and other community events
- Reception area for socializing and enjoying refreshments
- Quality sound system, projection capabilities, and PA system
- Bring your own caterer
- Affordable rental rates (one-time, monthly, quarterly, etc.)
Main Theater: $250 for two hours ($100 for each additional hour)
JEMS Theater: $125 for two hours ($ 75 for each additional hour (perfect for a smaller,
more intimate setting)
- For more information on renting the CAT, please call 302-645-9095, ext 3
- Perfect for commercial businesses, nonprofit organizations, and individuals
- Affordable, full-color, hi-definition ads at both theaters
- Run in a continuous loop for 30 minutes prior to each screening in the Main Theater (104 seats) and JEMS Theater (36 seats). Both theaters are open year-round.
- Reach an audience of attentive film enthusiasts at each screening (more than 5,000 potential customers each month) including residents and tourists.
- Be the best advertising bargain in the area.
- Significant discounts are available on 6-month and 12-month commitments.
- Click here for more information, rates and the mail-in form.