Artwork Contest – Call for Entries
Each year the Rehoboth Beach Film Society (RBFS) seeks original art submissions to be adapted for the Rehoboth Beach Independent Film Festival’s artwork. We believe engaging the talents of the art community in the Film Festival and possibly other Film Society events throughout the year benefits the entire local community.
The artwork submission deadline for the 2018 Film Festival has passed.
The selected artwork is used in the creation of a Festival poster, program, t-shirts, and other memorabilia and/or Film Society publicity. A picture of the artist and a biography appears in the Festival program. The selected artwork is auctioned at the Festival in November with 100% of the proceeds to benefit the Rehoboth Beach Film Society.
This is a great opportunity for the Festival to benefit from local talents and for the selected artist to receive wonderful exposure. Read about the Artwork Contest background here.
- Artwork must be a new and original piece created with film and coastal Delaware in mind.
- Artwork must be two dimensional and can be a drawing, painting, ink, glass, collage, photography, or other media.
- Artwork may be representational, abstract, or a combination.
- Artwork must be created in a vertical format. Proportion must be 2:3 ratio, width to height. Critical design elements should fall well within the edges of art to allow for a variety of size and bleed requirements
- Required unframed dimensions: minimum size 12”X18″; maximum size 16”X24”
- Artwork should be signed by the artist. The RBFS cannot guarantee signature placement on publicity materials.
- RBFS must add Festival information to your artwork. Please leave room on the art to allow for the Film Society and Festival logos, date of the event, and sponsors to be added. Artwork may need to be cropped or adjusted in the design of the program, poster, merchandise, or publicity materials to accommodate placement of essential content. The RBFS will work with the chosen artist on placement, however RBFS retains final approval rights of format.
Please visit our festival artwork archives to see poster examples from 2008-2016 that illustrate the type of space needed:
- Artwork must be framed if not a wrapped edge, and finished with hanging wire attached.
- Artwork may be submitted in digital form, but winning artist must provide appropriately framed original art to be sold at auction. Presentation must be professional style exhibition framing or gallery wrap. Framed art is due June 1.
- The selected artwork will be auctioned at the Film Festival in November with 100% of the proceeds to benefit the Rehoboth Beach Film Society. Auction of the artwork is a significant fundraiser for the Film Society.
- The RBFS retains the right to conduct the auction of the selected artwork as it deems appropriate for the Festival.
- The RBFS will retain all rights to use of the selected artwork.
- If the artist elects to participate, non-selected submissions will be exhibited for purchase at the Cinema Art Theater. The proceeds will be split 60% to selling artist and 40% to RBFS.
- Artists of previously selected artwork are encouraged to participate each year.
- Title of artwork may not include any part of the following brands: Rehoboth Beach Film Society and Rehoboth Beach Independent Film Festival.
Selection will be made in early May, 2018. Unselected work must be picked up by the close-of-business on May 31, 2018, unless participating in exhibition/sale.
For directions to the Rehoboth Beach Film Society office, please see the (map).
Film Festival Information
The Rehoboth Beach Independent Film Festival is a ten-day event which presents a broad variety of American and foreign independent films including features, documentaries and shorts. The Festival has become a popular Mid-Atlantic destination event attracting film enthusiasts from many states throughout the USA.