Artwork Contest – Call for Entries
The Rehoboth Beach Film Society (RBFS) is seeking original artwork submissions to celebrate the Society’s award-winning Rehoboth Beach Independent Film Festival (RBIFF) and its 25 anniversary. For more than 23 years, the award-winning festival has always featured one artist’s unique work that brands and defines the annual Festival.
The selected artwork will be used in the creation of Playbill posters (print-run of 1,000), Festival programs (print run of 3,000), tee-shirts (quantity of 500+), and other assets used for the sole purpose of marketing and promotion of the Festival. A picture of the selected artist and his/her biography will appear in the Festival program.
The selected Festival artwork will become the property of the Rehoboth Beach Film Society for purposes of future promotion and exhibiting on various print and online at rehobothfilm.com. In exchange, the Society will acknowledge the artist by name, on any and all print and online displays of the final selected 2023 artwork. One hundred percent (100%) of any funds raised in conjunction with the promotion of the Festival that includes but not limited to, ticket sales, merchandise, or any other items are the sole property of the Rehoboth Beach Independent Film Society, a 501(c)3 registered in the State of DE. The artist or his/her heirs cannot make any royalty claims against the Society or its subsidiaries.
Read about the Artwork Contest background here.
- Artwork must be a new and original piece focused on the theme of cinema.
- Artwork must be two dimensional and can be a drawing, painting, etching, ink, collage, or photography.
- Artwork may be representational, abstract or non-objective.
- Artwork must be created in a ‘portrait’ format.
- Required unframed dimensions: minimum size 8”X10″, maximum size 24”X36″.
- Artwork must be framed if not a wrapped edge.
- Artwork must be finished with hanging wire attached.
- Artwork original should be signed by the artist. We will make every effort to include the original signature in all production.
- The RBFS will retain all rights to the selected artwork.
- The artwork will need to include the 25th RBIFF logo, festival dates and the year.
- Art work may be cropped or adjusted in the duplication of the design for the program, poster, merchandise, or other promotional materials with possible overlapping of text, RBIFF logo, sponsors, etc. and the RBFS will determine final approval of format.
- The RBFS retains the right to conduct the auction of the selected artwork as it deems appropriate for the purpose of underwriting the cost to produce the 2023 Festival.
- Previous Festival artwork is available for viewing at https://www.rehobothfilm.com/product-category/posters/
- Returning artists are welcome to submit.
- Questions can be directed to Helen Chamberlin at 302-645-9095, x3 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rehoboth Beach Film Society
107 Truitt Avenue
Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971
Mon – Fri between 9:30 AM – 5:00 PM
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: July 28, 2023
FINAL SELECTION: August 7, 2023
UNSELECTED ENTRIES: Picked-up by August 15, 2023
For directions to the Rehoboth Beach Film Society office, please see the (map).
Film Festival Information
The Rehoboth Beach Independent Film Festival is a seven-day Festival which screens 20-25 original indie films that encompass features, documentaries and international titles at our two-screen complex, the Cinema Art Theater in Lewes, DE.